3/5/08

FEED THE BEES

For Stevie-Lynn's last birthday present I gave her permission to have a cat in the apartment. Then I got her one, a small black bombay kitten with a white whisker on its forehead named "The Bees", short for Beasley. Five months or so later, The Bees became my companion in unemployment and a true friend. He even shed his white whisker recently in honor of my own male pattern baldness. The song is about the bees biting my ankles every morning when I'm walking to the john, meaning hes ready for breakfast.

FEED THE BEES


The song reminded me of an older drawing from my sketch book. That day I happened to be worried if I broke my cats leg after accidentally slamming the door on it.

3 comments:

Stevie-Lynn said...

Since this post is about the beas (I spell it that way, like Bea Arthur with an 's'), It is now my favorite. What a charming blogger you are.

joy said...

this is the best blog eva

Pat said...

Hmm, that's funny. I spell it Beez, like Beelzebub.